This is a short list of things, causes and sounds the car might be making.
- If you turn the key and nothing happens and no noise occurs, the battery is dead and needs a jump.
- If you turn the key and hear multiple clicking noises, the battery is almost dead and this is an indicator
for you to get a new one.
** Try checking the battery terminals before jumping it. If the terminals are loose, this can cause the
battery to not work. Tighten the terminals and try starting the car again.
- If you turn the key and you hear one click, this could indicate a starter problem.
- If the car starts and dies, starts and then dies, this could be fuel problem. Check the fuel gauge or get
your fuel pump checked by a professional.
- Newer cars have an anti-theft mechanism in the ignition that will not allow the car to start if the
incorrect key is put in.
- If something is wrong with the ignition, this is a major problem that requires a tow and a professional
mechanic to fix.